Most employers don’t allow their employees to drink at work. The general assumption is that people would be less productive when intoxicated by alcohol. It’s time to take away the prejudgements about drinking at work once and for all. Here are 25 reasons to prove that serving alcohol at the job actually has a lot of positive effects.
1. It’s a great reason for employees to show up for work.
2. Nobody complains about low salaries anymore
3. It leads to more honest communication on the workfloor
4. Employees will tell their bosses what they think, instead of what they wanna hear.
5. Employees will feel more satisfied about their job.
6. Creativity on the workfloor will increase big time.
7. Nobody will have a problem with working late.
8. People don’t care for vacations anymore.
9. Complains about being stressed or overworked will belong to the past.
10. It makes fellow employees look better.
11. The number of complains about the cafetaria food will drop instantly.
12. Employees will no longer feel the need to get drunk on their lunch break.
13. The company will save a lot of money on coffee, since nobody wants to sober up.
14. Bosses are more likely to give raises when they’re drunk.
15. There’s a higher chance you’ll see your hot colleagues naked.
16. There’s a good chance you might even see your boss naked.
17. Making copies of your bare ass will no longer shock anyone.
18. It encourages car pooling.
19. It helps to save heating costs in the winter.
20. People calling off work because they have a hangover will no longer be an issue.
21. The company saves money on paintball, survival camps and other teambuilding activities. What’s better way than bodyshots to get to know your colleagues right?!
22. No time is wasted at the water cooler anymore.
23. The work stories you share at home will no longer bore your partner.
24. The turnover rate will drop. Who wants to leave a company where you can drink?
25. If you do something stupid at work, it will be easily forgotten.
Related posts on Lords of the Drinks:
11 reasons to drink on a Monday
The best 25 alcohol related pick up lines
What are the costs of a swimming pool full of booze?
Top 11 sports to play when you’re drunk
15 thoughts on “25 reasons why alcohol should be served at work”
Reblogged this on Broke & Thirsty and commented:
Back in the ’50s and ’60s, drinking was the backbone of the business world. You would go to work, have a drink or two from your private bar in your office, go out to lunch with colleagues are clients and order several martinis, return to your office and drink some more, and then return home to your home bar and dinner with more drinks. You would finish your long day with a nightcap, and begin again the next morning. Business was booming and the creativity was staggering. The best part is this isn’t just a story from a TV show like Mad Men, its the life numerous businessmen especially those I know from the professions of law, marketing and finance lived on a daily basis.
This post from the always humorous and incredibly informative blog Lords of the Drinks gives a list of modern reasons for allowing booze in the work place.
Thanks for the kind words and your extra words are a great addition to the post! Cheers!
Love this! If that was the case I wouldn’t of been suspended
Hahaha thanks and please do tell…. Suspended?
You can read it on my blog. Wildstudentconfessions.com
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m doing it now… Really good stuff I must say… Fo other interested people… Let me quote this blog:
“Then I got told I picked a midget up and tried to dance, stole the bouncers sunglasses, bit my brothers arm, tried to get with his friends and finally had my head out of the taxi window like a dog.
Safe to say I wasn’t as sober as I thought.”
Loving it! 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Top 10 cocktails of seduction, the ultimate aphrodisiac drinks | Lords of the Drinks
Pingback: 6 Tips to win a drinking contest without cheating | Lords of the Drinks
Pingback: Explanations for all symptoms after heavy beer drinking and what to do next | Lords of the Drinks
Pingback: 10 times “When life gives you lemons” for drunkards | Lords of the Drinks
Pingback: 7 ways to hide your alcohol odor | Lords of the Drinks
Lol u funny as shit
Sound advice, and certainly the approach I took when I was teacher.